Effective: February 1st, 2023
What Information We Collect and Maintain About You
We collect personal and other information from you directly when you provide it to us through the Services. We may also automatically collect certain information about you and your computer, smartphone, or other devices when you use, access, or interact with our Services.
Personal information from account holders. If you create an account through the Services, we will create personal information related to creating and maintaining your account. This information may include: Profile information, such as your full name, username, and email address. Communication information, such as your email address and email preferences. Information about your institution, such as the institution name and your title. Information related to processing your payment (collected through our third-party service provider).
We will also collect information that you provide through the Platform, as well as content you submit to the Platform.
Other personal data collected through the Services. You can visit the Services without submitting any information that we can use to identify you personally. However, if you use certain features on the Services, such as the “Contact Us” feature, we will collect your personal data. The categories of personal data we may collect from you may include your name, email address, institution name, and other information you may provide.
Server logs. Server logs automatically record information and details about your online interactions with us. For example, server logs may record information about your visit to our Services at a particular time and day and collect information such as your device ID or IP address.
Pixel tags. A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon, clear GIF, pixel, or tag) is an image or a small string of code that may be placed in an advertisement or email. It allows companies to set or read cookies or transfer information to their servers when you load a webpage or interact with online content. For example, we or our service providers may use pixel tags to determine whether you have interacted with a specific part of our Services, viewed a particular advertisement, or opened a specific email.
Third-party plugins. Our Services may include plugins from other companies, including social media companies (e.g., the Facebook “Like” button). These plugins may collect information, such as information about the pages you visit and share it with the company that created the plugin even if you do not click on the plugin. These third-party plugins are governed by the privacy policies and terms of the companies that created them.
Third-party online tracking. We also may partner with certain third parties to collect, analyze, and use some of the personal and other information described in this section. For example, we may allow third parties to set cookies or use web beacons on the Services or in email communications from us.
Aggregated or deidentified information. We may also collect and share aggregated or deidentified information about users of the Services, including any deidentified or aggregated information collected through the Platform. Such aggregated or deidentified information will not identify you personally.
How We Use and Process Your Information
We use the information that we collect for a variety of purposes. Our legal bases for processing your personal information are: 1) our legitimate interest in running and maintaining our business; 2) performance and fulfillment of our contracts; 3) your consent; and 4) compliance with our legal obligations. In many instances, more than one of these legal bases apply to the processing of your personal information.
The purposes for which we use your information include to:
● Provide you with our Services, including processing your order;
● Respond to your questions or requests concerning the Services;
● Fulfill the terms of any agreement you have with us;
● Fulfill your requests for our Services or otherwise complete a transaction that you initiate;
● Send you information about our Services and other topics that are likely to be of interest to you, including newsletters, updates, or other communications, including promotional emails;
● Improve our artificial intelligence and machine learning;
● Deliver confirmations, account information, notifications, and similar operational communications;
● Improve your user experience and the quality of our products and Services;
● Comply with legal and/or regulatory requirements;
● Aggregate and deidentify information;
● Benchmark results for our customers;
● Serve advertisements;
● Analyze how visitors use the Services and various Services features, including to count and recognize visitors to the Services;
● Create new products and Services; and
● Manage our business.
Qmed Copilot may link information gathered through the Services with information that we collect in other contexts. But in that event, we will handle the combined information in a manner consistent with this Policy.
With Whom and Why We Share Your Information
We share your information with other parties for a variety of purposes, as described below.
Other users of the Platform. You have the option to share the information you input on the Platform with other Platform users. We only share the information you create/upload onto the Platform with other users of the Platform with your permission.
Third-party service providers. Qmed Copilot uses third-party service providers that perform Services on our behalf, including web-hosting companies, payment processors, and mailing vendors. These service providers may collect and/or use your information, including information that identifies you personally, to assist us in achieving the purposes discussed above.
We may also share your information with third parties when necessary to fulfill your requests for Services; to complete a transaction that you initiate; to meet the terms of any agreement that you have with us or our partners; or to manage our business.
Please note that our website currently does not respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
Legal purposes. We also may use or share your information with third parties when we believe, at our sole discretion, that doing so is necessary:
● To comply with applicable law or a court order, subpoena, or other legal processes;
● To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, violations of our terms and conditions, or situations involving threats to our property or the property or physical safety of any person or third party;
● To establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; or
● To facilitate the financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment, bankruptcy, or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets.
You may opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us by following the instructions in those messages or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to learn more about the personal information that Qmed Copilot has about you, or you would like to update, delete, or change that information, please contact us by email at email@example.com
If you are a resident of the EU, UK, or another jurisdiction with an applicable privacy law, you may have certain rights available to you. These rights may include:
● The right to be informed about our data collection practices;
● The right to access and rectify your data;
● The right to erase or delete your data;
● The right to data portability;
● The right to restrict and object to the processing of your data (including for direct marketing purposes);
● The right to opt-out of the sale of your information;
● The right to opt-out of marketing emails and text messages;
● The right to limit our use of any automated decision-making processes;
● The right to lodge a complaint to your local data protection authority; and
● The right to withdraw consent (to the extent applicable).
To exercise any of the rights listed above, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org . We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible and in the time period required be applicable law.
We employ physical, technical, and administrative procedures to safeguard the personal information we collect online. However, no website or mobile app is 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to the Services or to us, and you transmit such information at your own risk.
The information that we collect through or in connection with the Services is transferred to and processed in the United States for the purposes described above. Qmed Copilot also may subcontract the processing of your data to, or otherwise share your data with, affiliates or third parties in the United States or countries other than your country of residence. The data-protection laws in these countries may be different from, and less stringent than, those in your country of residence. By using the Services or by providing any personal or other information to us, you expressly consent to such transfer and processing.
We retain personal information about you necessary to fulfill the purpose for which that information was collected or as required or permitted by law. We do not retain personal information longer than is necessary for us to achieve the purposes for which we collected it. When we destroy your personal information, we do so in a way that prevents that information from being restored or reconstructed.
Content on this Services is directed at individuals over the age of 18 and is not directed at children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13.
Changes to this Policy
Qmed Copilot may make changes to the Services in the future and as a consequence will need to revise this Policy to reflect those changes. Qmed Copilot will post all such changes on the Services, so you should review this page periodically. If we make a material change to the Policy, you will be provided with appropriate notice.
How to Contact Us
Should you have any questions or concerns about this Policy, you can contact us at email@example.com